Bass Guitar Shaping

Hello Shapr3D community! I am not great at asking for help, but my frustration has peaked. I can visualize what I envision but struggle to make it happen. I am aiming to round the edges, which the exception of the neck pocket. After watching the demo I remember thinking “The Chamfer/Fillet” tool looks perfect for what I am trying to do. But then reality set in…My model was created with hundreds of edges! I found that I could select multiple at a time but finding a modest and consistant beveled edge is a challenge to me. I thought maybe selecting the body face (front/back) and then using the chamfer/fillet but it seems like that results in an impossible design error. I am sure this type of action has been done before - I’m open to your thoughts!

Then I would also like to add a slighlty arched top design. Perhaps by marking a center point on the front body face then pulling (z axis) upward?

I’ll try not to be too hard on myself, this is all new territory for me! As a new user I was unable to upload the shapr file - more than happy to do so though when possible.

Did you import the drawing and extruded it? You would need to redraw that with Shapr3d’s Spline tool. Shapr3d doesn’t have sketch line cleanup tools.

Did you import a DXF file? That’s way too many nodes.

Have a look here. Modeling contours on guitar body - #6 by KPeter

I believe I’ve gone from STL > STEP in terms of file types then imported the STEP file.

If you take STL and convert to STEP lets say via Freecad. It’s not a true conversion. Like Oregon pointed out the lines you see are not curves they are straight lines from 1 point to the next. So your result is what is expected.

You might have saved a step by converting but introduced new problems. With Shapr3d I would take few minutes and redraw it vs trying to work with what looks like a messy extrution.

In this case use the imported body as a guide to sketch over the top of using the spline tool. Make a plane above the body to sketch on. That is probably the best way to get what you want.

Just for fun :backhand_index_pointing_down: