Boolean failed upon Union

I’m trying to combine all the pizza slices that make up this guitar part into a single body via Union. It keeps on giving ‘The boolean failed’ message.

What might be the problem and, what would be a work-around for this?

Thanks.

Anyone? Shall I send the project file to support email when the design is complete?

Hi,

Yes, please send the workspace to support@shapr3d.com in .shapr format, we will look into it.

Thank you! I’m redrawing the curve with a lot more lines, I’ll send the project over once I finish it in order not to clog up the tech support. :slight_smile:

So, while sending the workspace to support@shapr3d.com is helpful in fixing stuck projects, I wanted to have a workaround that may help when I get stuck with Union in the future.

This worked out for me, for now.

Extrude back bodies’ mating surface a millimeter or so, and loft two walls together. And union the gasket pieces to the bodies and it’ll union. This worked on me on the two problematic pieces I had.

1 Like

I agree. Although the support tickets a great, it’s also nice to jump on the forum and see what worked so people can try in a pinch. Thanks for posting!