Bug Report, screenshots

On the iPad, I have a paid for standard subscription. And every single time I take a screenshot in the app I get spammed to upgrade to business subscription to get noise free screenshots. This is a pain in the backside! The app should ask only once…

1 Like

Hi!

You shouldn’t get it even once, as image export is fully supported in the Standard tier.

Could you tell us the app version, device, and OS version you are using? Could you also check if you are logged in, and the subscription is shown on the Settings page?

Thanks!

1 Like

App version: 4.8.1 (1493)
Device: iPad pro M1 running iOS 14.7.1
Subscription is shown when I click on settings (shows yearly Standard subsription)

I’m on the same OS and app version but so far I didn’t manage to reproduce the issue. Could you please create a short video, upload it somewhere (e.g. Google Drive or iCloud) and share it? Thanks for the help!

Here you go!

One more thing that might help: I have my subscription via the website and not as an in-app purchase…

1 Like

Ahh, I see, you are trying to use the device’s screenshot tool.

As the popover message says, please use the built in screenshot tool, from Export/Image menu (Or pressing Try it button on the popover). It doesn’t say you should upgrade your subscription (as this tool is included in the standard tier).

It does make sense to disable this pop-up after a few tries and don’t show every time, I’ll bring this up, thanks for pointing it out!

1 Like

Actually we’ve just disabled it and the fix will be released soon.

2 Likes

Thanks!

It doesn’t say you should upgrade your subscription (as this tool is included in the standard tier

Actually, when you click “Try” it takes me to the subscription page and shows that I have to click on the business plan to try it… So, technically it leads me to believe that the higher tier was required…

Anyway, glad there is a fix, and I am glad there is another way to do screenshots.

2 Likes

Well that is a bug, I’ve created a ticket about it, thanks!

1 Like

I’m glad to hear this. Sometime there is info (like a locked sketch dimension) that useful in the device screenshot and not in the app screenshot.
There is a use for both methods. I really like the ability to turn off the grid, background, and edges in the app screenshot.
Keep up the good work and keep the tweaks coming.

1 Like