Button to HIDE/UNHIDE the measurement labels

This feature will allow people that create big sketches in multiple parts to copy and move without mess composing the big sketch. Currently selecting a sketch automatically selects the display size labels.
This is good in small scale drawing where on the screen area there are just few points, but it is a blocking factor when the drawing is in large scale zoom out (tenths of points, lines, and geometrical objects) . The result is actually a mass of blobs where it is hard to see even the handle to move, copy or rotate (see the example picture attached: I was about to move/copy but the move/copy handle is lost in the mess…)

I expect that with the new coming release, and with the reorganization of the user interface, there will be a small button or shortcut to hide all the additional info, and display only the points, lines, and geometrical objects selected.

I started to use again the application after about a year of inactivity, and I was convinced to find already implemented this feature, but it still wasn’t. I had problems with multiple selection at large zoom scale since the beginning, and I saw that other people had too, and that there were no solutions for now.

I think that is several cases is a blocking factor, as you see in the picture, it is really hard to view and select correctly the handle and it is very, very common in this situation to do mistakes and redo all.

Best Regards

Selection

5 Likes

Wow, I agree there needs to be a way to hide or unhide measurements or you can really have to look thru a mess.

Valid feedback - we are working on significant sketch visualization improvements.

1 Like

In keeping with Shapr3D’s ethos of contextual UI, perhaps it makes sense to make these labels automatically fade away, or prioritise certain sketch objects, as the zoom level is reduced.

I’d prefer some intelligent handling of this rather than a button, personally.

1 Like

Or better yet, have a preferences choice between show/hide via hotkey or Auto. Then everybody’s happy.

1 Like

Is there any update on this, so can hide the measurements, seems like the app on my iPad Pro isn’t near as bad as on my Mac. Maybe I’m missing something. I know this is an old thread, and have had a lot of updates in the last year, can someone point me in the right direction.

Hi
You have the option to hide them so only the dimensions of the selected items are displayed.