Cap lock or middle button for multi-select

Instead of having to hold the Shift key on the keyboard and click the left button of the mouse to make a selection of 2 or more, why not using the middle button/scrolling wheel button or the Cap Lock key?

That way we can select stuff with one hand. Great when using space mouse.

Thank you for reading my suggestion.

Multi select mode would be useful feature. I have only one hand, so it’s difficult to hold shift while clicking mouse. For now I assigned shift for one of my mouse button, so holding one button and clicking another, but I would prefer to have ability to select several edges (for example) clicking only one mouse button.

1 Like

Some mouse software does have the ability to assign a key + left clic, like Logitech and 3Dconnexion (owned by Logitech) for example, if that help.

I personally don’t like to use theses softwares because it’s required to be running in the background and send data every minute, specially if you have a Logitech keyboard.

Hopefully a feature like that get implemented to shapr settings in the future.

This kind of mouse I’m using right now. But I prefer something like OnShape do when user selecting multiple edges.

1 Like

Shapr Team, I know you always have a lot on your plate.
Could you eventually consider this, please?

1 Like

UP

Please!

I find out that almost every tool has two modes. In one mode you have to hold shift to select all edges and in second you don’t have to. So I use this second mode when I don’t want or can’t hold the shift button.

Here is example with filets without holding shift button.

Not most features I use often.

selecting multiples faces to get rid of fillets
selecting “whatever” to move
selecting bodies to change appearance

for example.

I understand that.
I end up using Logitech Pro Mouse and set side buttons to shift and command.

What is good about this mouse you can assign commands to the buttons and write these instructions inside the internal memory. So no need to run any additional software in background.

MX master user too, not my first, I’m familiar with their software.
Used to do that. I don’t trust their software anymore.

As far as I know, this is not how Logitech products work… could you elaborate please?

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 16.54.26
This is unacceptable for me.

What it mean:

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 16.56.36

That’s why I emphasised you don’t need any additional soft to use pro mouse. All instructions can be written inside mouse internal memory.

“Pro mouse”
Is that a specific line of product not including Mx one’s?
Could you share a model you are referring to, please?

Yes. MX is more office mouse. This one is from gaming series.

I left the link to their site above.

That’s because you’re talking about regular office mice from Logitech. They have separate gaming series which has even separate software (G HUB).

Also it has profiles. So mouse is acting different depends on application you’re using right now. I setup shift and command for Shapr3D but use the same buttons differently in blender, for example.

1 Like

Would be better if Shapr team implement that small useful feature, since it would be compatible with all devices.

1 Like

That’s true. But until, I decided to left this info here for other people struggling with the same issues.

1 Like