Column head design

How can I make this column head design ?? Here is a picture for reference.

We’ve just created a similar tutorial for a woodworker. Check it out: Woodwork.mov - Google Drive

2 Likes

The was neat. Many interesting techniques were used well. Adding a disconnected edge to the center of face and then moving it down, into the body, to create a concave surface…. :exploding_head: :smiley:

1 Like

I would make half of the design on CL. Then copy mirror the design. Then clean up the center line. If you want the design on four sides of the column create a “Z” vector along center of column and do a revolve or copy rotate about "Z"or@q

Thank you sir.

I have made it! But how can I fix it on the column ?

1 Like

You can extrude the back of your column head to the center of the column and maintain as a new body. Then, copy/rotate the extrusion 90° three times with the center of rotation at the column. Finish off with a union.

1 Like

The four corner leaves will be the difficult part. Problem is you are only showing one side of this column. I can see how to do most of it but the corner leaves will be the hardest part.

I would break it into: Top Cap (easy), Bottom (Easy), Then extrude the Scrolls, The the fleurette on each side (easy). The leaves though… hmmm.

I’ll give it a try later after I get my chores done.

1 Like

Thank you sir. I have made it.

2 Likes

Yes I have to work on that.

Here’s where I’m at so far. Still thinking on the leaf corners.

1 Like

Breaking it down into components. Crude but I’m not invested, more curious how to pull off the corners. I visualize them as compound mitre objects like crown molding.

1 Like