Cornhole Board Game

I was recently approached by some folks making the cornhole board games in our area. They asked if I could do some artwork for them. They use vinal covers that have the artwork on them for their boards that they glue on.

I did some very complex sketches in Shapr3D (just kidding) cornhole boards are very easy to make … Amazingly, folks are paying $300.00 here in my neck of the woods for a set, crazy … anyhooooo I doodled some concepts for them to see if I fit their requirements…

I had already doodled some Disney characters moons ago and incorporated them into my cornhole concepts…

I doodled the layout sketches and models of the cornhole boards in Shapr3D … I doodled the artwork in Affinity Photo and I did the renders in Solidworks.

The last two pics are a design I thought to be more economical to produce and would save a few trees? :flushed:

Anyhooo I’ve never heard back from the folks … As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed doodling the concepts with Shapr3D!!! :joy:

4 Likes

@Romulus369
Great to be introduced to something I have never seen before. To be fair Cornhole Boards are not that popular this side of the pond :sunglasses:
Needing to find out a little more on the subject the first thing that caught my eye was:

The American Cornhole Association requires platforms be a 48" x 24" rectangle made from 1/2-inch plywood. The front of the platform stands 2-1/2 to 4 inches tall and the back of the platform sits 12 inches off the ground.

The ScreenShot is just too small to verify if your boards comply with this specification.
Are they really that large?

Thanks for sharing.

Hello Gelphyn,

Bare in mind, the request to me was the artwork that went on top of the board. But as you can see with the dimensions in the second image, the concepts are to scale 24 inches x 48 inches … I doodled the units for a perspective for the artwork for myself and a presentation to the inquiring party, I have no intentions in making these units. I think for the average person using these boards in the backyard, after a few intakes of alcohol, the specifications are rendered useless!!! :wink:

Note: if you tap on the image, it will enlarge for a clearer view…

1 Like

I guessed it would be a pastime of that type, might be useful if it were used to ‘collect’ car/truck keys? If you cannot pitch them into the hole you walk home.

I view the Forum mainly on my old Mac, not a lot happens when you tap the screen.
However thanks for the info, I’ve just called up the Forum on the iPad really make the ‘doodles’ pop out of the page. Congrats on the artwork, very nice :sunglasses::+1:

Thank You!!! I should note, the request was a bit more adult in orientation, mostly sports related, banners and logos and such … I responded back with cartoon characters because that’s something I enjoy doodling :sunglasses:

I really like your thoughts for the game!!! :thinking: I’m also 14.76 years sober so maybe that’s why!!! :flushed::joy::joy:

One of the things I do regularly is look at something I’ve doodled in multiple devices. Most commonly the iPhone and IPad … if a person is viewing with their phone, they’re not remotely seeing the details I’ve painstakingly doodled!!! :joy:

The North American beaver association had to change its name but cornhole is going strong :thinking:.

If some of the Members still have difficulty driving safely home, my current concern would be regarding Social Distancing during the Covid 19 Crisis.
It would be interesting to learn why they had to change the name.
Stay Safe.