Custom Lightsaber prop

with custom electronics (textured in Blender)

12 Likes

This is amazing! Beautiful design. Would you be willing to sell copies of the shapr3D file? I’d love to 3D print this to put on display at home!

Either way, love the work!

1 Like

Wow! Not sure how I missed this. Impressive. You’ll love our new guided loft feature. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!
Yes its been up there a while :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I’d forgotten Id put it up there to be honest.

The guided loft feature does sound interesting… The image doesnt show the detailing of the interior which has been designed to minimise exterior fastenings and fitting for electronic components. Building all that into a curvature called for some pretty extreme lofting techniques. A guided loft sounds useful.

2 Likes

Thanks! Its nice to get some feedback,
Ive never shown it to anyone beyond this site. Although this was posted quite a while ago, im actually still working on it and getting close to completing its first prototype. The final piece will actually be made of aluminium, steel, leather, 3D printed steel/plastic and house electronic components for an authentic blade effect and responsive sound effect.
If it all goes to plan, I’ll be selling them on a ‘Custom Lightsabers’ facebook page. I think I have enough stock for a out 40 or so but they’ll cost quite a lot. If theres enough interest I could tweak the design to allow for one-piece prints though…

3 Likes

Check it out, it’s already out there! https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001414954-What-does-the-Loft-tool-do-

1 Like

Wow, I wish I had that 2 years ago !

Those handles didnt come easy…

6 Likes

That makes me so excited! I’ll follow this (and your facebook post if you make one). Designs like these just can’t be found on typical saber websites. The closest I’ve seen is Vader’s vault and genesiscustomsabers. I just started practicing with shapr3D and it looks like I’ve got a lot to learn before I can design something like this.

1 Like

Loving the enthusiasm :+1:
I’ll be sure to add some more work in progress…

1 Like

As promised, here is an update.
2.5yrs from its inception, I think im about a month from having a functioning prototype.
This saber has a few USP’s that I hope will really draw some attention but im very keen to keep things under wraps till the big unveil…
That said, I cant resist releasing these (deliberately) Low-res teasers.
Watch this space!
Saber WIP

5 Likes

The final Saber

4 Likes

That’s very impressive work, tons of details. The presentation is top knotch too.

Will it cut ice?

Haha excellent textures and very nice design
:+1: :open_mouth: :clap: :clap: