Deleating Bodies

I want to remove unused stuff from a drawing tried " Deleting Bodies" and it says

“There are one or more drawings related to the bodies you’re about to delete. You can keep or delete these drawings, but this operation can’t be undone.”

Please explain what am I deleting one or more drawings related to the bodies you’re about to delete how does this relate to what I have saved. Help will this ruin other saved files that I made using this file I exported them to another file before starting to clean this up, or are they separate i sure don’t like this saying it can not be undone!

NEW REQUEST FOR OPERATION:
I wish I could just highlight something and save JUST THAT to a new file and leave all the rest of the junk behind!

I wish I could just highlight something and save JUST THAT to a new file and leave all the rest of the junk behind!

you can duplicate your project and delete the stuff you don’t need from the copied one or you can isolate a body for example and export it in various formats to import them later.

I want to remove unused stuff from a drawing tried " Deleting Bodies" and it says

“There are one or more drawings related to the bodies you’re about to delete. You can keep or delete these drawings, but this operation can’t be undone.”

Please explain what am I deleting one or more drawings related to the bodies you’re about to delete how does this relate to what I have saved. Help will this ruin other saved files that I made using this file I exported them to another file before starting to clean this up, or are they separate i sure don’t like this saying it can not be undone!

Hey @RUTH,
Drawing is referring to 2D drawings. If you delete a body in your design you’re asked if you want to delete or keep the related 2D drawing. That’s because if you delete the body, the related drawing will loose the references.
Deleting a body in a design won’t affect any other design.
Please check this short video, hopefully it’ll explain everything:

1 Like