Easy on/off for icon label on iPad

Not sure if it’s me getting old or the new look/icons/UI, but I find my self having to have the icon labels on, to find some of the more exotic functions I need.

Especially on the ipad, they take up a lot of the precious screen space. The hover feature works great with a mouse. Not sure about the 2nd gen pencil???
But for those of us stuck with a old gen 1 pen, it’s either on or off.

Would be really nice if there function to easily turn the labels on/off. Either holding your finger on one of the icons or a separate “label” button that turns the labels on for 3 seconds or until you pick an icon. Or while holding the button.

An option to turn them on/off for tools and constrains (left or right side) separately would also help. The right side is a lot quicker to learn/remember

Hi @jnygaard.dk , you can turn on to show the labels under settings.

Yeah, I know. But as I was trying to write, they take up a Lot of screen. And since I remember most of them, I’d prefer to have them off.
But then there is the odd tool I can’t find and going to setting to turn them on and then off again after, is too cumbersome, so I end up leaving them on… Which also is an annoyance… But maybe the new search will help…

1 Like