Equidistantly spacing a cylinder between 2 posts/bodies

I’m new to a lot of this, so please forgive me if this is a very basic question caused by user error. I have a cylinder suspended between 2 identical bodies. I’d like the cylinder to intersect evenly with the 2 bodies. I’m having a lot of trouble understanding how to align so this may be in that category but I’ll try to explain.

If I select the end line of the cylinder and the end line of the far edge of one of the bodies, The measurements below tell me the distance between those 2 edges, I would imagine i could do the following but don’t seem to be able to:

With the measurements between those 2 edges visible, I’d like to drag/expand/shrink the length of the cylinder to exactly create a desired distance. At the other end, the distance is exactly 3mm, I’d like to simply highlight these 2 edges and then drag the length of the cylinder until that distance goes from 2.705 to 3 (or even just tap on the distance and change it to 3.

Alternatively, I wouldn’t mind selecting all 3 bodies and aligning them so the cylinder is centered. Thanks for any help.

@bruck
At present Distribution and Array Tools are not available.

May I suggest that a decision is made as to the critical Dimensions of the Design and then set up the Grid accordingly. In the following an attempt has been made to replicate the appearance of your Design, the actual measurements need to be adjusted accordingly. Note in the following that the Sketch makes use of the Grid to set out the Bodies to give the spacings required:

In this ScreenShot the Sketch for a Support has been temporarily Pulled up to enable the Face to be Tapped with a Finger to reveal a Grid on which a Circle can be drawn to enable the limits of the Support to be defined. Note it is difficult to see the Sketch end on:

This shows the Support Profile ready to use

Then the temporary Body is Hidden ready to create the Supports:

One Support is made and Copied to make the other Support:

Next to create the Rail unwanted Lines are Trimmed:

Using Tools > Revolve Half of the Rail Profile is Selected:

Then tapping the Centre Line it forms a Cylinder [Rail]:

The Rail is then moved upward into the desired position:

Job done:

Thank you so much, this is excellent and very helpful. I must ask though, why is there no Align/Distribution tool yet? Also while your suggestion of planning and using the grid would help if I guess the perfect sizes of each piece, but if I have to adjust them or the mounting placement, I will lose the alignment later on during design.

Hi , its an another way with less sketching .
Make the half cylinder from a half circle wth pulling the face.
Move it as you want with copy and transform
Double tap the inner face one of them, and draw a circle for the cylinder.
Start to pull the circle to make a new body, then use the replace face tool to get the full long.
Hide the half cylinders, and make longer the previus cylinder with extrude tool, on both of ends.

Some pictures:

@bruck

I can only emphasise the point made in my first Post.
There is very little point in guessing dimensions, unless the aim is to present a method to achieve a desired objective. Plan and avoid the need for adjustment, if you MUST adjust do it equally by working from a Centre Line.
If the Design has a specified space where it will be installed then the Dimensions will have to accommodate the end result.
Start with the needed Dimensions of both the Design and the Available Space, it is likely some adjustment can be made to both.
When you know the extent of these adjustments it will be possible to set the Grid so that placement can be made appropriately.

With regard to the lack of features I can only say that the S3D Team have to decide regarding priorities, and you will observe that only short periods of time pass before UpDates are released.
Search the Forum, at top right above, for your keywords and you may learn about their status.
EDIT: I see from a very recent Post that you have already done this homework.

Hi Bruck,

I would simply create the cylinder with it’s ends flush with either the inside or outside faces of the ‘brackets’, then push or pull each end by the same amount.

To be able to set the offset between the faces would of course be easier and would be useful in many other situations.

Cheers
Simon