Export of Sketches to DXF files

In previous version I was able to just export a sketch as a DXF file. With the new version I can’t see how I can do this.

Is this still possible?

I use this to take the file into Cricut to cut vinyl for signs.

Also -is there a way to not have the boarder and title block from the drawing?- I don’t want them.

3 Likes

Yeah, so far I can only export the DXF, then I have to remove the boarder and title block. I also have to resize the image as it loses the dimensions during export. I’m trying to do the same thing with the Cricut. I create templates with my CNC machine, but I use the Cricut to test the sizing by first cutting on some card stock first.

Any resolution on this, I’m having the same problem. I have to use another application to remove the boarder and title block. I want to just export the body shape in 2D for laser cutting, but I can’t figure it out.

Why not just export a DXF of the sketches from the 3D modeling space? I’ve sent designs to laser this way.

1 Like

I have in the past too, but now the entire draw document stays attached. The title block and boarder stays in the drawing/sketch. If I try to export the shape from the 3d space, it doesn’t add the 3d portion, it only adds the sketch plane which is missing the bottom hole cut outs. It leaves it as a open ended 80x200 block that isn’t even connected at the bottom.

Do you have a screen shot of the modeling space and design?

The top is the model or what im trying to make, the bottom is what exports in sketches and drawings. I can’t figure out how to export the top, as a 2D sketch, for laser cutting.

Try to project the bodies edges to the plan what is paralell with x,y plane.
After sould be work to export it in dxf.

1 Like

This is what I was thinking as well. I’ve sent DXF’s to www.sendcutsend.com this way.

Thanks I’ll give it a go, sendcutsend is who i’m sending to as well.

1 Like