Dxf export issue

UPDATE: drawings are finally here: 4.0 - 2D drawings + new pricing

Having issue dxf export or dwg export. When I export I’m only getting sketches. No solid bodies at all. Special problem since I made have pushed or pulled or used the subtract feature to create tab and slot features. I know I must have the solid body oriented in the plane of the dxf which I don’t mind doing but I also frequently delete sketches as I go to keep things clean. I don’t want sketches out there especially if I modified the solid body. My models are simple houses for laser cutting. Surely there’s something simple I’m doing wrong here. Oh and DXF and DWG same result. Only sketch lines

Hi Jman, welcome to the forum!

With DWG/DWF export we are giving the opportunity to create technical drawings in Shapr3D, in these formats 3D objects cannot be exported. Is there any specific reason why you chose DXF?
If you would like to export your 3D models, please use STEP or IGES formats.

Yes Peter and it’s a big enough issue that I will be returning the program over it! See I’m a laser kit manufacturer and like about 85 percent of the lasers out there Corel Draw feeds my laser. The only reason I’m trying 3D at all is that it saves me a check build and rework in the development process because I can seen the parts fit well. But I can’t do that since you can’t produce 2d files of the parts. See I don’t mind moving the bodies and orienting in one plane to get there as that’s a normal part of the nesting process for materials usage. But you don’t have anything but an Art game if you can’t produce documents

Hi @Jman, using the Project tool, you can create 2d sketches from your bodies, and export them to DWG/DXF. Would that help?

Istvan, if I can efficiently create a sketch of the outline of all the bodies nested and export them that could solve the problem. How do I try this method

Here is a video tutorial of the process: https://youtu.be/J9y8l1icSUQ

Is this what you were looking for?

I’m at my dayjob currently so I’ll need to check out that video after work…

1 Like

While this is an extra step it appears to be pretty easy and effective way of getting the data. Thanks

1 Like

UPDATE: drawings are finally here: 4.0 - 2D drawings + new pricing