Exporting an STL

In Windows BETA – when exporting STL file, no option s9Yet) appear for saving as separate STLs like in the iPad version…probably something on the list, but highlighting here.

Indeed, thanks for the report! We completely lack the import/export dialog with all the options on Windows, so we just default to the most common scenarios. We’ll add those very soon.

Still very limited in export capability – no .zip export that contains individual objects as on the ipad version. Printed my first object, though, this weekend, from a Windows design session! All previous have been ipad generated.

I am now using Simplify3d for printing and it would be great if SHAPR could link to simplify directly vs having to export an STL or .3MF file. Seamless design flow!

1 Like

I so sorry it took so long – and I am happy you stuck around.

We had so many conflicting priorities that we had to take care of, but we are working on adding this functionality as we speak. It’s due to be released in about a month.

We plan to focus a lot on the manufacturing side of things in the near feature. While we wouldn’t want to compete directly with CAM vendors, close integration with top players is definitely on our radar.

All good. You’re working on great additions and listening to feedback. That’s all a user can ask for. The ‘isolate’ feature i wanted that was added is an awesome example.

Jim