File management from within Shaper3D

Having used Shapr3D now for over a year I have accrued and saved ( in the Files App) hundreds of drawings in .shapr file formats in various folders.
Many are sequential updates of drawings with descriptive names but I don’t know without viewing them as to what a lot of them are or which ones I can delete or will want to keep.

Ideally I’d like to be able to view the drawing in them as an image directly out of the Files folder page so I can work through which ones I can discard and which ones I need to keep.

Loading them into Shapr in the normal workspace is long and slow involving a lot more steps. Also there is no label showing file name while in Shapr3D so easy to open a drawing and then forget which one it is.

Firstly Is there a way I can just view the files and manage them directly? is there an app that can view .shapr files?
Can I open files in Shapr then delete them from the Files app folder directly?

Thanks

5 Likes

Good morning to all!
As Johnmartin comments, it would be good to implement a file manager within Sharp3D where you can see its content as well as be able to see the date of creation and / or modification. It would also be nice to be able to visualize the content in 3D as does the external application of Fusion360 where you can see the content.

with your permission, I have taken the liberty of designing the external file manager logo for your magnificent app! :wink: as well as update your original so that there is a connection between both.
I hope you like it!

1 Like

Oh no. Sharp :frowning:

This is something that we’ve been planning for a while but couldn’t really fit it to our roadmap yet.

luckily the sharpiana community are patient! :relieved:
best regards

2 Likes

Maybe sometime in 2023 ? :roll_eyes: