Glasses Creation and Adaption

Hi im using Shapr and CAD in general for about 5 weeks right now. I learned a lot about direct modeling in the past weeks. Every day i optimize the workflow to create glasses. I could test the new beta version with history based parametric modeling. I want to test if i could change the form and angle of the nose pad on glasses. It was frustrating to find a solution to create a organic shaped nose pad section. Im only used visual inspection to check the fit on a stl 3D face scan. I went back to each sketch level and make little adjustments. The process was slow. Hope the performance will be better in the future an official release of the update. What i dont like is the transition between the surface of the back of the glasses and loft from the pad. It seems very sharp and i cant use fillets. Would be great if you can make a softer transition between the surface and the loft automatically!!! After my adjustments the nose pad looks more organic then before.

What do you think about the results?
Any recommendation to make the pads smoother and adjustable?

13 Likes

Nice clean geometry-

2 Likes

Very nice. We would like to print in full color nylon for you so it can be a consumer product. . Please reach out to marc@techprintindustries.com and check www.techprintindustries.com

1 Like

Real nice design! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the contact. I will get in touch with you in the future to test a prototype and maybe to produce a small batch for our shop.

Do you have some designguide from your 3D printer?

Best regards