Grid to disc union question

Hello everyone,

I am trying to end up with a disc with the grid pattern on top of the disc. I am not sure if I am going about this the right way. I created the disc, then created an individual grid square then copied the pattern on top of the disc, now I want to create a union of the two but I can’t seem to do that. I may not be selecting the objects correctly, but not sure. Please see the images for reference.

If there is a better way to go about doing this, please let me know.

Thanks!!

If you just want to end up with a disc with that pattern, just extrude the circle through the pattern and get the intersection:

1 Like

Ahh thank you! Still a lot to learn. That makes it much easier!

1 Like

Hi SM1,

I have tried a few different ways to affect the intersection but am not having much luck. I extruded the circle through the grid pattern but I can’t seem to create the intersection, I am only able to select the outer pattern area but can’t select the circle as part of the intersection process. Could you walk me through the steps? Thanks again, Bob

Looks like you’re trying to use the intersect tool. You can do it that way, but I find it easier to just extrude the circle through the grid and select the type of extrusion:

Select intersect:

1 Like