Harmonize multiple selection controls

The problem that this feature will solve:

When selecting multiple bodies, the controls are different depending on whether you’re working in the main window or the Items sidebar (on MacOS, at least).

• In the main window, you hold shift and double click a body to add it to the selection.
  • In the Items sidebar, you hold command and single click a body. If you accidentally use shift instead, it will select every item between your first selection and your new one – handy in some rare cases, but usually not what I want.

I seem to have no trouble remembering to single-click in the sidebar, but I am constantly messing up shift vs command. Could this be made consistent?

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

Changing this would prevent me from making frequent selection mistakes, especially when combining selections made from the main window with those made in the sidebar. E.g., mirroring a part over a plane, where the plane is hidden (because if it has a helpful name, seeing it is just clutter). I’d select the body in the main window and then select the plane from the Items sidebar, intending to then select “mirror” from the adaptive menu. I have to remember to adjust my meta keys on the keyboard between the two selection steps or I need to start over.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

It is slowing me down, causing me to redo selections multiple times, which can be a real pain with many bodies selected at once.