How to add another sheet in a drawing?

Sometimes I need to add more projections or sections in single drawing piece and to do this, I need to create another sheet.

All my drawings have 1/1 sheet drawing instead 1/2, 1/3, … 1/n.

Thank you.

4 Likes

There is an option to resize parts in the drawings so they all fit on the same page.

1 Like

This is actually a pretty important question. When I saw “Sheet 1/1” at the bottom I just assumed that meant you could add more sheets. Is this not possible?

I ask because I have a model that I will be making prints for within the next week or 2 and I already know its going to require about 6 pages just for this one part.

2 Likes

You can create as many 2D drawings as you like. But I think they are all going to say “Sheet 1 / 1”. And more annoyingly you have to export each one individually.

2 Likes

This feature that accepts only sheet 1/1 is very annoyingly…

1 Like

Agreed, need this!… ability to add multiple sheets to one “2D drawing”

3 Likes

As a workaround:
I needed to add a section view to a second sheet. I created the section view and moved it out of the viewing area so it wouldn’t be visible. Then, I manually changed the sheet to “1/2”.
Then, duplicate the drawing. Move the main views off the sheet. Move the section view into the viewing area. Manually change the sheet to “2/2”.

I usually post-process in another program (photoshop) to add additional lines and fix things that shapr3d gets wrong. I recombine the sheets into one PDF.

Hey @JacobK,
Could you please give more insights what is needed to be fixed in photoshop? It would be great if you could illustrate it with screenshots. Thanks in advance!

Hey Daniel,
Here is a recent example:
Should be 82 degrees, not 82.01. In this case, it is likely due to how I modeled the chamfer. It isn’t worth going back to remodel it when there are other things I need to add/change in Photoshop. (Can’t wait for the full release of parametric modeling) In other cases there is a small dimensional error where there shouldn’t be.

Most of my photoshop “fixes” are due to lack of features and symbols (like surface roughness callout, break edge symbol, ability to add table of info etc). Some basic shapes and drawing tools would solve 90% of these issues.

Thank you for your answer!
Symbols, including GD&T, roughness- , welding symbols are on our mid-term roadmap, but there’s no estimated delivery time yet.
For this specific case, the angle precision can be set (be aware it’s a global setting) at the drawing properties sidebar.

1 Like