How to cancel my Shapr3D subscription?

Going to "Subscription → Auto-renews on → Manage > Cancel subscription doesn’t work… as there isn’t any “Cancel subscription” under that tab - only “Update payment information”… ???

Philip

If you subscribed in the App Store, you can unsubscribe through Apple. If you subscribed on the website, you should see the cancel button under your account.

Oh yeah, sorry …scratch that. I found how to cancel via the App Store.
Thanks!

Philip

I thought it’d be fair to the Shapr team to give some sort of explanation on why I’m leaving Shapr3D. Shapr was, after all, the reason I bought my first iPad in 2017. Before that I really didn’t have a need for an iPad. All my modelling work was done on my iMac and my MacBook (and earlier on a Windows computer) . However, when I first saw Shapr (as a demo program on an MacBook in the local Apple Store) I was very excited for the possibility to be using an iPad for modelling. I thought it would feel a bit more like working the traditional way with paper and pencil in the initial design phase (yes, I’m an artsy type - not an engineer) and then continue working on the same device for the rest of the design process. Well, it didn’t quite turn out that way…

I noticed that I, more often than not, instead turned to my old, familiar 3D-program, that I had been using since 1997. Not because S3D would be difficult to use or in any way clumsy - on the contrary. It was/is very easy to learn and use. I just feel, that for my job, solid modelling is not my thing (with or without parametrics and/or history) and I think S3D has become even more of a MCAD program, and that - to me - feels more restrictive (again - not an engineer). I feel, that a surface modeller gives me more freedom for the kind of work I’m doing. I can just get “deeper under the skin” of my model, which I often need. It feels simpler (even if this might sound just the opposite) and without restrictions, but also, of course, means you really have to know the program and all its features. Perhaps a bit tougher to learn, but very rewarding.

Again, these are all just my personal feelings and preferences and doesn’t mean that I think Shapr isn’t a good program. It is. Very good. So if you’re into MCAD or solid modelling, Shapr3D is a very good choice. I’d personally take it any time over Solid Works, Solid Edge or Inventor.
However, I’m personally leaning more towards the likes of Alias, Catia or ICEMsurf, but that just me - again - artsy type, not engineer…

So… I just couldn’t justify paying for two programs anymore and the program with the subscription fee had to go. Especially since my use of Shapr sadly has been almost non-existent lately - and, at the same time, my other program is also expanding it’s feature sets into Shapr3D-tablet-territory (but not being anywhere close there, at the moment).

I wish the whole Shapr team the best of luck and hope Shapr3D will continue to progress at the same rapid pace.

Sorry for the long post and thank you!

Philip

1 Like

I’m sorry to see you go! Thanks for all the feedback that you gave us over the years. Shapr3D is indeed not a surface modeling tool, and I understand that your workflow requires advanced surfacing. At some point of time in the future we might add surfacing capabilities, we’d love to have you back then!

1 Like