Imperial Drawing Scale?

Looks like a great tool, however, us Yankies that are still stuck in the 19th century need to produce drawings in imperial scales like 1:24, 1:48 etc. Your drawing scales seem to only allow for base-ten scales. Is there an option to change the drawing scale somewhere?
Thanks

Hey! Not currently, but we are planning to open up anyway the scale setting to be more flexible. And a lots of thank you for your feedback on imperial. It’s very valuable for us.

1 Like

I teach at a university in the US and I’ve been looking for a replacement for Sketchup for my beginner designers. If I start them on Blender or the big CAD platforms on day one they get overwhelmed. But SU is the only tool that wants the students to pay ($55) for the academic licensee and my bosses won’t let me buy it because they know I can install Autodesk or Vectorworks for free. I thought I’d found the perfect solution when I came a cross Shapr until I went to make a drawing and found that it was only metric. I wish we’d switched to metric in the 70s with everybody else but you know us 'mericans. If it had standard AMSE scales, even just 1:24 and 1:48 I’d switch today. Or as it sounds like you’re saying, a user defined scale ratio, that would be even better. Looks like a great tool with a very beginner-used-friendly interface which is exactly what we need. And thanks for the easy academic license!

2 Likes