Invert Options

The problem that this feature will solve:

Please consider adding invert options to the mac app. When accessing the app from my MacBook with the trackpad as a pointer, I find panning to work as expected. The orbit feature, however, is currently working in the exact opposite way my brain wants it to work for X and Y. This makes the mac app more or less unusable for me.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

At the base level, universal X and Y invert options would be workable.

In a perfect world, individual X and Y invert options for pan and orbit per input device type (mouse, trackpad, 3d mouse) would allow every person with any combination of inversion needs to be covered.

What is it that you can’t achieve without this feature?

Basic navigation of the app

(Normally I would have the Natural scrolling feature disabled)

I was trying to find a workaround to my pan/orbit perception and use issues by toggling macOS scrolling inversion settings in system preferences.

Natural scrolling - off

• Shapr3D, orbit and pan - X&Y = behave opposite to how I perceive they should work
  • Scrolling in other apps = work as I expect

Natural scrolling - on

• Shapr3D, orbit and pan - X/Y = work as I expect
  • Scrolling in other apps = I perceive to be scrolling the wrong way

As is, I can either use Shapr3D OR scroll in every other app, not both.

Looking at how the Mac and iPad integrate this type of feature in to OS settings. Perhaps something similar could be implemented for pan and orbit in Shapr3D settings.

Hi @ivanflo , thanks for the suggestion. We haven’t received too many complaints about this behavior so far, but we’ll keep our eyes open. If this comes up more frequently, we’ll consider implementing an option for it. We’ve tried to follow the common practices here.

Allowing for inverting the pan directions would be helpful. I agree with @ivanflo that the way is works now is 180 from the way my brain wants to navigate the model. Same idea as inverting controls in video games.