Ipad mini 6 with 5.140 is unstable

Need help! It is crashing everytime, even on simple modelling like trying to chamfer simple box. But luckily it saves the backup, but without last done action in app.

Same for me. Ipad air 3

1 Like

I am using a free version and want to buy a full version, but can’t do this till it be fixed.

Hi there! Can you please upload some screen recordings of the issue? If you could also send the design you have the crash with, that would help a lot.

Feel free to upload them here, or send us a support ticket. We are here to check!

1 Like

Hi. Crashes are completely random. No matter what i’m doing, suddenly it crashes. With all files. Say i was doing a fillet when it crashes, i open it again and do the same thing and it works.

1 Like

I could not upload here, because I am new user, but I uploaded to youtube for you. Here is the link June 2, 2022 - YouTube

1 Like

Yes absolutely right. I have been testing for some hours and the crashes are really random. Sometimes I feel like it crashes just after some minutes of using, like its some kind of bug

Same for me. IPad Pro 9.7”,IPad Os 15.01

1 Like

Hi All!
Please send us the Shapr3D designs, they would help a lot.

1 Like

Here, I uploaded for you. But only in 3mf format, because I have no subscription yet. Waiting for fixes

Project Archive Program crash video while drawing

Design Archive

Program crash video

Thanks for the reports, we are working on a fix!

1 Like

I have updated up to 5.141 now. Tests still shows crashes :frowning:

Fix is not out yet, gonna be 5.142.

1 Like

Laci, is this a smaller iPad issue only? I see 5.141 is available, but I’m working on designs now, so should I wait for 5.142?

Independent of the iPad’s size, we caught a memory leak, so depending on the available memory, you might run into it. it’s affecting the 5.140 and 141 builds, so if you are still on 13x I wouldn’t update, especially if the design is already big/complex. If all goes well, 142 will be out tomorrow with the fix.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply. I’m already on 5.140, but I’ll wait for 142 now.

1 Like

Good news.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
5.142 is out for both platforms! If you cannot find it in the available updates, search for Shapr3D manually and select it from the search query, then you’ll see an Update option instead of the regular Open.

Thanks for all the descriptions and the workspaces, they helped a lot!

1 Like