Keypad and push button project

Hello again everyone,
Thanks to the newsletters I have been able to see what is going on in this forum.
I have been acquiring new skills as a teacher. And I couldn’t spend time on projects.
Besides, I am training a basic level in the world of Arduino and programming. And it occurred to me to make a custom keypad for my hand from scratch! Take NOW!!

Hola de nuevo a todos,
Gracias a los boletines informativos he podido ver lo que se trama por este foro.
He estado adquiriendo nuevas habilidades como profesor. Y no podía dedicar tiempo a proyectos.
Aparte me estoy formando nivel básico en el mundo del Arduino y programación. ¡Y se me ocurrió hacer desde cero un keypad personalizado a mi mano! ¡Toma YA!!

The beginning, find a comfortable position for my left hand.
Later, he made a mold of my hand, and thanks to the Lidar of the iPad I was able to obtain a reference 3D model.

El comienzo, buscar una posición cómoda para mi mano izquierda.
Posteriormente, realizó un molde de mi mano, y gracias al Lidar del iPad pude obtener un modelo 3D de referencia.

As I had replacement keys I started the design. Obtaining the ergonomic shape of the support, I positioned the buttons in their place, but there was a problem, very big…

I decided to look for another type of smaller push button, and in the end I ended up with a simple push button. But I don’t like the noise they are going to produce when playing the Keys. Workset redesign the push button. Where am I getting into!! I broke a push button to see what it was like inside! And so they are

Como tenía recambios de Teclas comencé el diseño. Obteniendo la forma ergonómica del soporte, posicione los pulsadores en su sitio, pero había un problema, muy grandes…

Decidí buscar otro tipo de pulsador más pequeño, y al final me he quedado con un simple pulsador. Pero no me gusta el ruido que van a producir al tocar las Teclas. Subproyecto rediseñar el pulsador. ¡Donde me estoy metiendo!! ¡Rompí un pulsador para ver cómo era por dentro! Y así son.

I write down the measurements of the button, I have used two neodymium magnets making us valid for their polarities, we already have the necessary force so that it is always on top, all that remains is to design the pins. He uses a resin printer to make a prototype and see if my idea worked. Before that I used a straw to check the resistance of the magnets to repel each other before they touch and check what force I had to apply.

Anoto las medidas del pulsador, yo he utilizado dos imanes de neodimio haciéndonos vales de sus polaridades, ya tenemos la fuerza necesaria para que siempre esté arriba, solo falta diseñar las patillas. Utiliza una impresora de resina para sacar un prototipo y ver si funcionaba mi idea. Antes de eso utilicé una pajita para comprobar que resistencia tenían los imanes para repelarse antes de que se toquen y comprobar que fuerza tenía que hacer yo.

The temples are made of brass, I cannot send them to be manufactured because the photo-etching budget is beyond me and unfortunately I cannot verify their operation. I wanted to show this small project, when I can I will show you the final result and its behavior. A cordial greeting to all!

Las patillas son de latón, no puedo enviarlas a fabricar porque se me escapa el presupuesto del fotograbado y por desgracia no puedo comprobar su funcionamiento. Quería mostrar este pequeño proyecto, cuando pueda les mostraré el resultado final y su comportamiento. ¡un cordial saludo a todos!!

2 Likes

Very cool,

thank you.
that’s right, when looking for information, I saw them and they seemed very interesting.
That’s why I decided to make it more ergonomic for me and functional.