Linked sketches and bodys

@TheBum
You can’t please all of the people all of the time.

This is true, but judging by the timeline and overwhelmingly negative feedback on the threads here it seems like this was rolled out with a very specific user base in mind. One that is wildly different from the non-professional and even professional who preferred simplicity. I’d wager that this was brought on more for firm clients with multiple seats and/or contracts as update also seems way more geared towards Mac and PC users with much larger computing power.

Those of us who got Shapr specifically because it was the only available option for iPad (the original core user base) are being left behind as this update makes the workflow way harder than what it was before. Especially not having a keyboard and mouse to access shortcuts along with extensive RAM to process the now over-abundant amount of info related to every model.

I also agree with @Terbaik as someone who works on assemblies in the hundreds if not thousands of parts, having even more info to process with no way to delete it is just exacerbating the situation to the point of untenability.

This is simply not true. The iPad is a highly strategic differentiator for us, and we keep it’s it feature parity with all the other platforms - actually in many ways it’s more powerful than the desktop platforms, eg. it has AR features. Most of our large enterprise customers are also using it across many different industries, it’s not “just” a hobbyist platform. It’s very important to us, and will remain such. Even the history UI is very touch friendly on iPad.

1 Like

I’d love to understand that what is it that you can’t do now as easily that you could do before, besides deleting vs. hiding sketches. We’d love to fix it.

The feature of sketches linked to bodies through history is useful, but having the option to unlink a particular body from its sketch would be helpful too. This would satisfy as a great fix for those who are both for and against this feature. :wink:

I’ve mentioned it somewhere already that a “collapse history” button is coming soon.

3 Likes

Thank you, that will be great.

Chrisanthea

Great, thanks for listening our feedbacks.

2 Likes