Measurements not showing up with Offset Face

I’m trying to adjust the length/width of a 3d body, but measurements seem to only show for one side. Is there a way to view the measurements, without one side showing relative measurements?

I’m trying to view the 1st image’s measurements like it displays on the second one. Hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

My guess is that in the first image the faces are not parallel, whereas in the second they are.

Oh ok, in that case, what’s the best way to make sure the faces are parallel?

I think the best way is in the sketch, make sure that the sides are parallel. Constraints will ensure that is the case.

There are multiple ways to achieve the desired result… Sketching a rectangle. Using the rectangle tool will work without adding additional constraints. Or, if you have lines, constraining them to be horizontal/vertical will do it. Or, you can specify two specific lines and constrain them to be parallel, and others to be perpendicular.

If you are trying to “fix” an existing model, and are using the new (still in beta) HBPM, you are able to modify the base sketch to apply constraints, and automatically the body will change.

And iyou can change a body with direct modeling by selecting the face you know is correct then add a construction plane and offset it to the opposite side and use that plane to split the body.

But, in my opinion, the best way is with a properly constrained sketch.

1 Like