My first design. Medical, TMJ prosthetic joint

Hello every body
I just activated shaper 3D yesterday, and this is the first design I do. Still novice and exploring
I am not an artist or engineer I am an OMFS (Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon). So here is my first design with shaper

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Wow, this is fantastic, thanks for sharing. We are seeing an increasing number of medical use cases. Can you tell us a bit more about your workflow? What’s the purpose of the 3D model, and how does Shapr3D help?

3 Likes

Thank you Istvan for the complements. I am sure you have seen and done much much more refined and complex sketches than mine. But anyway it feels good specially in my first day with shaper.
Some patients lose a joint secondary to tumor surgery, trauma, advanced Osteo arthritis and many other reasons. We reconstruct the missing joint by bone grafting or by prosthetic joints. I stopped using stock joints and manufacture patient specific joints (patient specific implants (PSI))
After designing we send the stl or step files for milling or 3D printing. For your kind complements I sketched another joint with articulation fossa lining. Still novice but trying

3 Likes

The fossa lining ( the red one) is still bad but I improved a little in the joint drawing

4 Likes

I wii be giving a work shop about digital workflow in oral and maxillofacial surgery in couple of weeks. The softwares I will be demonstrating are 3D slicer and blender. I will mention and show them shaper as well. I am really fascinated with it in couple of days

I spend like two and half hours on the road to and back from the university. I have a car driver and I was used to talk in the phone or play games. NOW I WILL USE SHAPER TO IMPROVE AND EVENTUALLY MAKE MY PATIENTS DESIGNS

7 Likes

I improved the lining a little. It is still bulky and needs sculpting. I will try to improve and keep you posted ’

1 Like

4 Likes