Just quickly mocked this up, I’m new to CAD myself. I don’t think Shapr can replicate fabric like that. I tried the following which seemed to work but would need more work to make it authentic.
- Create a circle sketch the size of the gearbox shaft
- Raise the circle it sits at the top of the shaft
- On the ground plane create a rectangle for the base of the leather
- Loft the rectangle to the circle. You’ll get a weird pyramid looking shape.
- On each face of the new shape use the move tool to twist the shape on the x axis. Don’t over do it or it will be rejected.
- Highlight the new tool and rotate with copy selected. Copy as many times as you need to.
- Chamfer/round the edges to suit your taste.
- Select the new shape an create a union.
- Position around your gear stick and non-uniform scale to fit.
Somebody else probably has a better solution but I hope this helps a little.