New fillet options coming with History-Based modeling

With the release of History-Based Parametric Modeling later this year, we’ll add many new options and parameters to every modeling tool available in Shapr3D. One of my favorites is the updated Fillet command, which will provide much more control over the shape of your blends. For example, we are adding support for Y vertex blends that you can even combine with the Setback option, thereby creating much smoother transitions at vertices where the edges meet tangentially. Can’t wait to ship this! :clap: (cc @Philip , if I recall correctly, you asked for this feature before)

11 Likes

Wow! :slight_smile: /BK

1 Like

When is the beta coming? It was said to come later this summer. Tomorrow is 1st of august, so for me the summer is now over :sweat_smile:

Well, August is definitely summer, actually the meteorological definition of summer ends on September 23 :slight_smile: We have already rolled out the beta for a few users, and we keep adding more and more people to it.

2 Likes

great improvement Istvan that Fillet improvement is something that the Cad software that I have used for many years does not have. Looking forward to the updated.

Thank you

2 Likes

That’s because you are not in Ireland, summer finished somewhere mid June​:joy:, maybe we should have it now :pray:

3 Likes

@Luca1 It’s good to see someone else from Ireland on the forum.

1 Like

very nice!!! and very useful