Noob needing basic help :)

Hello, new to the comunity and the use of Shapr3d, i study product design and this was my first experience using CAD program, i think overall i did a decent job but i had a really bad time doing that orange plane adjacent to the gooseneck bend. As you can see in the real life model that part is curved and bended to the circled body but i didn managed to do that in the software. Which tool would you guys recomend?

Make a duplicate tea pot and hide the original.

Use the “add/plane” tool to create cross sections on the duplicate tea pot to use as drawing guides to make a “guided loft” of the piece you need to make.

Method: Use 4 or 5 offset planes to split the duplicate tea pot into horizontal sections about 15 - 20mm using the “split body” tool. Select the face “edges” of each split body section and “project” them to their respective planes you used to split them.

Use the projected edges as drawing guides for the shape you need at each section using the “spline” tool and “offset” line tools.

“Loft” (See guided loft) the shape you need to make the leather-like front cover.

This demonstrates my thinking, but it won’t be easy and I don’t have time to work it all out. If Shapr could create a “skin” by lofting splines to one another and then giving it thickness, we could create what you are looking for and things like car fenders etc easily.

thanks so much man, i have to present this job tomorrow so im not going to try that right now, but soon as a try ill give the feedback here.

1 Like