NVIDIA vMaterials. Anyone using them already?

Hey fellows, first thing: I’m not affiliated to NVIDIA in any way, nor paid for advertising.

Well, here’s the thing: many of us participated in the closed visualization beta, but we don’t know much about each other’s backgrounds. No need to come up with credentials or a résumé! :smile:

Feel free to move and rename this thread, but having everyone briefly introducing theirselves could be quite a nice way to create bonds, perhaps networks. :thinking:

Since I’m wearing more hats than my head could bear, but oddly don’t feel their weight, I guess that my profile pretty much sums it all, but I’m a lifelong learner and the list is getting longer and longer …
Right now, I’m not only modeling. I’m also lighting engineer, sound engineer, fractal artwork creator, session (stage and studio) musician (drums, percussion, bass guitar, keyboards), app and software developer, but my focus is on hybrid computing (quantum and classical ways) platforms.
It’s nowhere near being ready for mass use, but if I reverse engineer the whole thing and limit its uses to graphics, there is helluva lot to say and do!
It’s much too long to be crammed into this thread, but I still think that sharing about what happens behind the scenes being of course linked to the use of Shapr3D, is my “duty”.

So here we are, after a lengthy “why I’m posting and what do I expect”, here’s a link to something that piqued my curiosity a while ago (I’m now using it along with gaming rendering engines such as Unreal Engine 5 and LiDAR scans to create artwork and other very specific content). It works great with every supported hardware and software I’ve tested, and I’m currently working on incorporating such graphics in my Shapr3D workflow:

So? What do you think? Do you already use them? Do you plan to? If yes, why? If not, why?
I’m passionately curious, don’t get me wrong there, hahahaha! It’s about optimizing and getting the best of each world!

1 Like