I have been using parametric designs and so far it is working great. I love this new feature.
An annoying development I came across is that the history, even after naming each step, can become quite cluttered.
Is there a way to organize it? like putting numerous successive steps within a folder or a group?
Again, everything is working great and my idea can be a bit nitpicking. However, I want to use shapr for larger projects that will have tons/hundreds of steps and having a way to organize and shorten the history would greatly sell me on using shapr more and more.
Working on a more complicated projekt and tried to use the history to the full extent.
Besides the old wish for a reversed sorting of history, I would really find a possibility to create folders, or a label where you could collapse a history segment, not to set the order but to give the possibility to keep a long history less confusing going back and forth doing adjustments.
And how about a subtil color code for a segment in the pop-up menu? Faster and more obvious than renaming.
Would love more organization for the History sidepanel! Reverse sorting, as well as a folder structure would really help my workflow. I use Sharp3D for building custom furniture and cabinetry, and I try to do operations on a single part together when possible. Currently I have to name each step with the part/cabinet for clarity. However the names then often get too long to see the whole thing, and there is no way to make the sidebar wider!
I’ve also found myself wishing for this all the time. Being able to group history operations would make things so much easier to work with. For me, I wouldn’t then even need to name the individual steps as a group name would be enough to narrow things down.
I know it’s possible to isolate details which also filters the history, but I would much prefer being able to group steps manually, following my own mental model.