Allow designs to be sorted into folders

Please follow the format below for requesting a feature.

Allows for a much nicer organization of designs, especially when multiple parts are made separately

It doesn’t impact program performance, just a nice quality of life feature to keep the file selection area less clutered

*It does make things more confusing and less efficient when navagating between sub assemblies

15 Likes

It would be nice to be able to separate designs into folders especially as you make more and more things for different clients or reasons.

8 Likes

I absolutely agree. As the number of projects and documents grows, the “everything on one heap” approach is becoming very annoying.

6 Likes

Yes please 100%

It’s a bit annoying opening up Shapr3D at a customer and he can see the thumbnails of every project I ever did.
I’d rather them see only a list of folders on the first level

8 Likes

Definitely agree with this.

3 Likes

1000%. It gets a bit cluttered when you have a lot of designs. Especially since each time you edit the latest goes on top. I have to constantly scroll to find the designs I want to edit.

3 Likes

I Have to :bump: this one up!!!

I have so many Designs and iterations of those, it get rather cluttered

1 Like

I imagined that the new sidebar in the design browser will be where design folders appear. At the moment it is annoying having to export designs and manually version track development, however that does mean that you have local backups. Hopefully there will be a sync to local disk for this purpose.

3 Likes

Agree 1000%. This is one of the weirdest thing I’ve found missing in Shapr3D as a new user.

3 Likes

I do believe the basic features should be ready before complicated feature like History-Based Parametric Modeling.

1 Like
2 Likes

Different knowledge is required to implement different features. It’s not like all developers are able to, or can efficiently work on any part of the application. In this case, there is no relation between the two features, they are being developed independently.

2 Likes

Istvan I have seen that we can sign up for the Beta version of the “History-Based Parametric Modeling” when it is available do you think there will be any issues with the versions between the Ipad Bata and the Windows version because I have dropped out of the previous Shapr3D Beta because it kept having issues keeping both Ipad and Windows versions up to date with each other. Really looking forward to the “History-Based Parametric Modeling” update.

Thank you

The Beta is a separate app with a separate backend, so it should not interfere with the live app.

That sounds great, I plan on signing up for the Beta maybe my 25 years of “History-Based Parametric Modeling” experience might be able to help Shapr3D.

Thank you

1 Like

That’s much appreciated :slight_smile: Hopefully even after 25 years we can show you something new, and more delighting than what you experienced before.

1 Like

Is this folder feature for mac users only?
I use Shapr3D on iPad Pro but i miss the buttons for create a folder :thinking:

Can anyone tell me when it’s usable on iPad?
Thanks