Pattern in a free shape feature

The pattern tool only allows lineal and circular and this is a huge limitation in some mechanical design where the shape is not linear or or circular and still patter is almost impossible without such a tool. Example, design a teeth in a ellipse gear (this is a component on harmonic gears)

Would be very helpful to allow pattern in a surface after sweep thru a line, for example

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

I cannot do what I need in shapr3d. In fact, I posted in this forum without feedback

This blocked me to do what I needed, I had to go back to Solidworks

Another vote here for additional Array/Pattern tool functions!
It was a tool that I was desperately waiting for for years…but was underwhelmed by what they delivered. No pattern along a path. No 3D array.
It is more of a “copy N times” tool than a full featured array tool. I figured they would continue to add capability as time went on, but I haven’t noticed much/any change.

1 Like

There are many CAD modeling software with perfect functions on the PC side. The innovation of this software can only be truly experienced by using it on the iPad. As for the functions, he is just a novice. Now it gives me the feeling that their focus has changed from returning to the PC side, which depends on the continuous innovation and optimization of the iPad platform. The optimization of these versions this year is not satisfactory. I hope that the developer will give priority to continue to innovate and optimize the experience on the iPad, so that he can play more surface modeling functions and more smooth and complex modeling on the iPad. Because, if you choose PC, you won’t use shapr3D, because using PC software for many years is better than shapr3DThere are too many excellent ones. Never forget why you started, and your mission can be accomplished.