Paying for Pro and (Paddle.net) Fraud

I am trying to purchase the full pro version but keep getting rejected. Both by card company and paypal. When I look at who is processing the payment its called “paddle.net” and the reviews I am reading is nothing but scam and fraudulent reports of unauthorized charges. Has anyone experienced this? Why is it impossible to get through to Shapr3D? Only email and wait for response. I do understand they are in Hungary but I emailed multiple times a week or more ago. I just cannot believe the makers of this amazing software are tied in with all of this scam. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi @RidgetopD , Paddle is our payment processor, a so called Merchant of Record service. They take care of all the payment collection and tax payments for us. Recently we are hearing more and more reports like your, and we are considering switching to another service. That might take a bit more time unfortunately.
Until this gets sorted out, you can reach out directly to our sales team and we can accept payments over wire transfer. Usually we don’t do this with single seat customers, but I understand that recently something happened to Paddle that makes it hard for some customers to pay.

1 Like

I had the same problem. Call your card co and okay paddle.

1 Like

Thank for the idea. Im sure this could work but wow you should see what people are saying about Paddle. Im not sure I want to be doing any transactions with them. Maybe they are a good company and have been compromised. Not sure but this is also international. I would rather find another way to pay. Thanks again though.

P.S. the only good reviews I could find about paddle look exactly like what Paddle would write about themselves. Too specific and too nice. Just sayin.

I am trying to reach the sales team, but they do not accept communication from a gmail address. “Only business email.” But this is my business email address. Do I need to create / buy a URL to form a none gmail address in order to contact? Im trying to give you my money… Thanks William.

2 Likes

Considering that it is a payment provider, it’s quite likely that only those will write reviews who had issues with them, thus probably the reviews provide a distorted view.

Please contact our support team then: https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I’ve never heard of Paddle before now.

I have heard of “Up the creek without a paddle” :sunglasses: