Pool skimmer basket

A pool skimmer basket to replace my broken one. I can now 3D print the replacement.
The original design had 1mm holes around the base and side. But I ran out of memory about 1/2 way around…so a redesign, more in keeping with the original… the top section is detachable and designed to have the basket fit into it. The top is the most common breakage point, so now I can just replace the parts as required…55DC28B2-DC61-48AA-AD25-1A778672BC9D9F72DD09-5D22-4A6F-B0D1-066882497C5366CAF5C0-E90A-4B3D-B2BA-2298AE87AD33

8 Likes

Nice! How much memory do you have on your iPad?

Best,

Tommy

4gb I think. But about 1/2 seems to be used by other things. But storage is 256gb version. Have attached the Shapr file that I couldn’t progress.

Memory shouldn’t be an issue, restarting your iPad should help.

Hello,

I know this post Is old.
I tried this object on an iPad Pro 12.9 : the first version ( the oldest one )
it is fully usable, and the rendering is so much faster than same file on my MacBook Pro !

good job. I did also a skimmer object, which is not as nice as yours.

I am wondering : how do you print it ?
do you add support to print the border on the top ?

1 Like

Memory shouldn’t have been an issue with a project like that.

Hi Orma,

The latest version is up on thingiverse which I have broken up into a few pieces which allow you to print without any supports.

There are also few others up there as well, just a search for skimmer basket will find half a dozen.

Hope this helps.

Kim

Thank you for your feedback :relaxed:
I already found it yesterday on internet, the result is better than the STL file I have done .
it is already printed, and in the pool :upside_down_face:

If you really want to innovate your pool skimmer basket, this product design is fantastic. This design crates higher velocity for improved skimming. Then when the pump shuts off, the basket floats to maintain the capture of the debris. Skim-A-Round "All-In-One"