Preference request

For whatever reason I have been unable to train my brain to turn off the copy button once I make a single copy of something. I end up clicking again and accidentally create additional copies and always have to delete them. A preference option to set copy to turn off automatically after one or manually toggle off would be nice for me, I don’t know if anyone else shares this problem. Thanks.

3 Likes

Good point. We’ll change it.

1 Like

Truly making CAD suck less :slight_smile:

No rush, it’s a “nice to have option” but not necessarily critical.

1 Like

This has always been an annoyance to me too. The Pattern tool has made the feature obsolete.

2 Likes

Every day.

1 Like

The logic behind it was that until we didn’t have a pattern tool, this made easier to create arrays of objects. Now that we have a pattern tool this behaviour is obsolete, and should be revisited.

2 Likes

In addition to that, I would also like to be able to make a copy of an object without having to move it.

2 Likes

Hi Ivan
I agree to disagree
Very useful when you do a loft, so, please don t remove it

Hi Breakin,
How does it help you in lofting? At which part is it helpful?

To clarify I don’t want it removed, I would like a selectable option either as a drop down or a check box or radio buttons in the preferences menu for - copy auto off/copy manual toggle off. Something like that. You can even keep it as is for default.

1 Like

I get it, if you’re making a copy of a sketch along a plane you can do multiple copies in a row and then adjust their dimensions afterwards.

1 Like

Exactly I m an hobbyist and I use this way for loft
may be ther is a better way??

Finally someone who understand me :grinning:.,

1 Like

Just make it a persistent option in settings?

Hi Gregm, while we always try to provide as many options as possible in certain cases, we prefer to avoid settings like these, when it’s about defining the workflow. In this case, we had this behavior previously due to the lack of Pattern functionality, and this made it relatively easy to create patterns without a dedicated feature. Now that we have Pattern, this behavior is obsolete.

2 Likes

Sounds good!

1 Like

Thank you for the wonderful CAD software and the daily upgrades.
When importing part of one design into another design, all unnecessary drawings (for example 100 sheet drawings) are imported together, so please upgrade so that we can delete unnecessary drawings all at once.