Remove middle section of shelled curved part

Hello all, I could really use some help. I have a part that flat on the front but curves over at the top. I want to remove a section of the middle of the part and have no idea how to do that or if it’s even possible? Please help.

Can you be more explicit? Do you want to put a hole through the flat front? …or the curved top?
Or something different? Can you upload a picture?

There’s not enough information here to even begin to come up with a solution.

Could you please upload an image or sketch with some indication of what you wish to achieve?