Renaming designs should be possible while Editing a Design

The problem that this feature will solve:

Currently, the only way I found to rename a design is close it, switch to designs view, right-click and press rename. This is like 5 Actions needed for a very simple task, and not really a great UX.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

Possibility to rename my opened Design while editing it. I see two possibilities:

• on the items pane, via a button “Rename Design” or having the design as a displayed root node, then same as renaming items
  • or inside the … menu on the top right corner

What can’t you achieve without this feature?
I like naming my Stuff so I can find it easier, the default “Unnamed Design” doesn’t help and the process described above to rename is unnecessarily complicated in my opinion.

4 Likes

To make it even more easy it can be displayed at the top of the document and if you want to edit it you can tap and edit. I am curious why this is not a thing already also it would help to have folders but that another story.

Chiming in in support of this idea, as I came to suggest it myself. I like the idea of renaming by double-clicking the model name in the top, or right-clicking it and choosing “rename” from a context menu. It’s definitely very strange the way it is now.