Reusable Breakpoints

Please follow the format below for requesting a feature.

The problem that this feature will solve:

Especially when using duplicated parts, I model the part in a few operations and then use copy or pattern to make the duplicates I need. Then, if I need to modify the duplicated components, I find the copy or pattern function in history and set a breakpoint just before it, do the modifications and then delete the breakpoint.
Being able to name breakpoints and leave them inactive in history would allow me to go and find them quickly (especially if a list of named breakpoints were given at the bottom of the history window). Tapping a breakpoint would take you to there (then) and activate it. Tapping it again would deactivate it and return you to the complete history.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

This would simply accelerate modelling with repeated features and give a faster way of dealing with patterned/copied details.
It would accelerate things like instancing fastener details, etc. Say I started without threads on the fasteners, I could go back and add thread to the first part and the pattern duplicates them to all the instances.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

This helps to take a logical approach to feature and part re-use. It would be a great addition to a possible future assemblies functionality.

1 Like