Road map before committing to annual subscription

Hi, as excellent as the software appears to be, there are some doubts about my committing to an annual subscription. To commit to a years use when there is no clear road map in place for future development leaves me somewhat bewildered and frustrated.
At least a target date for native text inclusion would be be necessary before I will commit, this is very important to my continued use of this software. Why a workaround should be necessary in software which is this pricey is inexplicable. Even basic ipad cad software which I have explored manages to provide this.
Regards Mike

Me too. I’m still on trial version and waiting for a align command to figure out if I’m going to commit to a subscription. I use sketchup and it works well for quick sketches. Some tools really got to my eyes here, but some basic drafting tools are missing, and trying to do basic things really annoyed me. Sorry folks.

Hi @Pipsara, I totally understand your concerns. I would suggest that if the current version of Shapr3D does not satisfy your needs, don’t subscribe yet, and follow closely the bi-weekly updates. We are adding new features and improving the product twice a month. What would you like to see in the product that you are missing right now? Same question to @Gusbsb, what did you find annoying?

Simply a text function that will allow a selection of standard true type fonts such as Courier, Arial and Futura which could be used on the drawing plane via a text input box with access to the font properties.
These could then be manipulated as any other object can. It would be the game changer for me as my 3d printed models all use extruded or recessed text in some way or other.
Regards Mike

1 Like

The text tool should have been prioritized long ago. But if it could be added I think it would satisfy many people. I also agree with some kind of align tool. It’s very frustrating to have to rely on the current tools. There are only some many problems that are solved by perpendicular, concentric, and tangent.

1 Like

We also think that text is super important, but in terms of new tools, right now we are focusing on a new alignment tool. We don’t know it yet when the text tool will be implemented, but I would be surprised if we didn’t deliver it in the next 12 months.