Save Viewpoints

Please follow the format below for requesting a feature.

I’d like to be able to save the viewpoint so that it’s easy to come back to later.

The problem that this feature will solve:

I export a lot of imagery from Shapr3D into other documents for design/production purposes as well as marketing. I often find myself making small changes and then having to try and line the viewpoint up to a previous screenshot. This is especially important for me making production guides (building instructions) where each part needs to be explained in an exploded view.

The camera is placed into a specific position to best see the design and then a screenshot is taken. Parts are moved and another screenshot is taken. It’s extremely difficult to keep the images uniform.

Consider adding screenshots and as many details as possible, to help the Shapr3D team and the community understand why you need this feature. Describing your workflow helps us building the right feature.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

I’d like the ability to save the position of the viewpoint, so you can click a button and the viewpoint returns to the saved position. The ability to save various viewpoints would be ideal. SketchUp has a similar feature that would be worth looking at.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

Uniform design documentation.

Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down?

It slows a lot of my work down and has to be solved in external apps by trying to align images up to be the exact same size. It’s very very difficult. Isometric views are a little more forgivable but they still need to be resized alongside one another to keep them uniform.

3 Likes

Workaround;

Create a plane (or various planes) and move it to a spot and angle that works for you. Doubletap or space key to get perpendicular (Zoom to face).

I used this several times when showing mechanical parts in different assembly states.

1 Like

That’s a pretty cool work around although quite fiddly when needing a few different angles. It might help in the meantime.

Hoping they choose to work on this though.