Repeatable visualizations

I’m using Shapr3D to model products and create a series of images for use in presentations which show/hide folders of objects. Each time I create an image in the visualizer, I have to try and re-create the angle I used from previous images so they match. It’s really not possible if you’ve made any changes to the model. Ideally, I could save camera positions, like I can save lighting settings, and then show/hide folders and objects, taking snapshots along the way from a consistent perspective.

Because I can’t do this, to get the consistent angle, Each time I modify my model, I recreate more than a dozen images manually. It’s time consuming, and something I do a lot of, so it’s killing my productivity.

A more advanced feature request, is not just to set a camera angle, but also to save the folders that are shown/hidden for each image I want to create. In a perfect world, I could set the camera / visible folders / lighting to a “view”. Then hit one button and all my views are re-generated from my updated model and saved to a folder.

I should point out that if you can save a set of views, it would also be possible to create an animation by “tweening” the sequence of camera positions and folders being shown/hidden. While these may not be a top priority for everyone, I’m sure I’m not the only one who would like to create quick sets of visualizations and videos from my models.

Really enjoy Shapr3D, thanks!

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed suggestions!

These are topics that we are also interested in, however they are further down the line, so I can’t give you a release date yet. Stay tuned though, as new Visualization features will keep on coming, and we should reach these too at some point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope there’s the awaited “exploded” view mode down the line, as well as video …
My, I’m overkill again, haha :crazy_face:

Yes! Conversely if there could be a better way to save objects positions and switch they’re orientations without having to move them back and forth each time.

Ie: A drawer shut in its compartment could be saved and switched to where it is opened.

If there is a way to do this already I haven’t found it yet.

It’s actually why I came to the forum.