Scale a DWG in correct measurements

Hello, its my first time with this kind of issue, so i imported a dwg from autocad2018 to Sharp3d, and once i get it there, i have it with wrong measurements. The entire dwg its tinnier than the original one i have on my pc using CAD. So, what can i do, or what should i do if i want the exact measurements in Sharp3d as the original CAD file, thanks :smiley:

Hey,

Can you send the dwg file to support@shapr3d.com?

1 Like

sure, already did it

Hi Angel, thanks for sending the file as requested. I responded already via email.
Are they any issues with the drawing part dimensions or it’s just an issue with the scaling?

We can actually continue this via email as I sent some tips videos and asked for more info.

Hi. I have the same problem. importing DWG completely change in Shapr3d the original dimensions. do you have any advice? i made a DWG in meters, then in Shapr3d the meters are completely different. thank you in advance

Hi, can you send the file to support@shapr3d.com?

Of course. just sent. thank you!

1 Like

Hi there. thank you to solve the problem. i suggest all the users to check before exporting files from CAD if the input units are correct. Using the UNITS command in CAD is possible to check it. in this way I modified my file from inches in meters input units and importing in Shapr3d it was possible to have the same measurements when needed. thank you for the support

2 Likes

I’m struggling exporting Shapr3D files to dxf/dwg in the correct units. I have the Shapr3D file set to inches, then I export. When I open the dxf/dwg file in SolidWorks it assumes the units of the imported data is millimeters so I have to change it to inches 1st before finalizing the import. Then it’s measures correctly. When I open the exported Shapr3D in EDrawings it assumes millimeters & even if I change it to inches it measures incorrectly. Example in EDrawings a 1” x 1” block measures as 1mm or .0394”. Neither of these problems exist if I use millimeters in Shapr3D before exporting; both SolidWorks & EDrawings correctly interpret & measure accurately. Any suggestions?

I believe exporting using the new drawing feature has solved my measurement problem. Thanks!

I’m having an issue with importing a file into Shapr3D. It seems that I can only import it as an .stl but when it opens the scale is huge. I selected everything to try to manually resize the model but it’s difficult to get the measurements exact. Is there something that I’m missing regarding how to import a file?

Hi, can you please tell me what is the difference between the expected and the measured dimensions? When you import the STL, there is a popup window where the units of the model can be specified. The problem may be just a simple metric-imperial unit conversion :slight_smile:

Thanks. I was told to import it in inches. It comes in to scale when I import it in mm.

Hello, i’m having the same issue. I imported a DXF so that I could take measurements and get a additional dimension the company didn’t provide. However I noticed all my measurements are crazy small. An area i expected to be 1 5/8 is 3/64 in shapr3d.

How do i correct this?

Is it possible that the drawing was exported in a different unit than it was imported into Shapr3D? AutoCAD for example tends to have a different unit setting just for exporting.