Scaling image to a specific measurement

I’ve imported a pdf into shapr3d. The document is a set of plans with specific measurements on the plans.

How do I scale the image so the measurements are accurate in shapr3d?

The one thing I tried was creating a line that is one of the specific measurements and then trying so match that by manually scaling. It was pretty hit and miss, where I would scale a bit, move the image into position. Adjust scaling again, move again, etc. until it was as close as I could get it. Not very accurate.

I do it the same way as you. Once I’ve got the specific measurements, I work from them and then just use the image for reference.

Hello Donnecruz,

I usually place a line over a measured distance, (that would be on top of the imported image). The line will have a distance which you then need to divide into the imported measured distance, (from the imported image). Select all. Then using the scaled tool add the calculated number, hit enter. It will scale to the measured number.

Side note. Make sure the select all selects the line, just so you can go back and recheck the distance.

Also, make sure you place the origin at the point on your drawing that you prefer. (After scaling). As things progress this will come in handy.