Scaling using conversion software pdf2cad, a question/query

Hello All,

A question or query if we may.

On the uniform scaling function, is there a way to type in the exact number to scale the drawing, up or down?

I usually export the dxf or dwg file after conversion from pdf2cad and then scale using another program. Which is double work.

Any advise is appreciated.

Note: I’m really enjoying “drawing” again, it’s actually now really fun. Seems I was stuck with the wrong software for years.

Thank you,
CJ

Just tap on the scale icon with the pencil, and the value window opens up. Type in the scale value.

Hi McD,

Thank you for the response and feedback.

Just an observation, and I might be wrong and stand to be corrected. Typing in the value has limits on the digits past the decimal place. I think the limit is 3? (.000). If you wish to have better accuracy then more digits need to be added, thus allowing you to complete the scaling in one conversion.

If the conversion file is above one megabit then the conversion will take time. If the digits is the limiting factor then the conversion needs to be performed several times to achieve the required accuracy.

Obviously there are other ways around this using other software, as mentioned earlier.

Thanks,
CJ

3 significant digits isn’t enough? Wow! Well, you scale to a proportion, then scale again I suppose. I can’t imagine scaling to 4 digits. Best of luck. McD

Three digits is all you can display yes, however the internal precision is much higher. You can use a number, say to 5 decimal places and it will scale correctly.

I scaled the top surface of the 1st cylinder to 1.235 and the 2nd to 1.23505. The area shown at the bottom of the screen is 683.0381 sq.in and 683.0934 sq.in respectively.

Thank you Gentlemen.

Getting used to the scaling inside Shapr3D now, seems we can go to 6 digits with no issue and the end measurements match the required size.

A 2.3mbs .dxf file takes around 5 minutes to scale. Wonder what a 25mbs .dxf file will take? Guess I will find out soon enough.

Thanks again.
CJ

1 Like