Search or filter layers by body, sketch or folder name.

I find when dealing with complex models with many components: bodies, sketches, folders etc. I have to drill down through the layers module to find bodies I may have turned off to modify other bodies in the model.

I think a search option in the layers module would be ideal.
For example: suppose your modeling a clock with many gears, plates etc. It would be great if I could search for all with “gears” in the name, turn off or on, then present with a component list of those bodies, sketches, or anything that is contained in the layers module/panel.

I’m currently building a clock in Shapr3D with hundreds of bodies and iterations. And its a nightmare having to drill down to find a part body. I use Shapr primarily on iPad but use desktop versions in both Mac and Windows.

Love the program and the multi platform flexibility. I think this search function would be a great time saver for all.

2 Likes

Indeed! I’m make a site plan and I have bollards grouped by the buildings they go with. But I’m missing a set of bollards in a very complex area of the model, where I’m sure I’ve created them, but thy must be in a sub folder that I haven’t found yet.

So, scroll to the top of the items list, type “Bollard” in the search field to reveal all bodies and sketches containing that string.
I’ll be that would be relatively easy to add.