Shapr3d the right tool for my needs?

Hi guys. My name is Igor and I’ve recently started to get into 3d modeling, mainly designing stuff for 3d printing.

I have some experience in Fusion but I was looking at some other tools and so I stumbled upon shapr3d.

I’m mainly interested in designing lamps, vases and bowls with various shapes and organic patterns. I’ve added a few pictures of what I have in mind. Hope you guys can tell me if shapr3d would be a good tool for that or if I should consider something else. Thanks!
IMG_5965
IMG_5964

Any program is going to test your skills for those shapes. Thinking outside the box will be needed. I suggest trying some on the basic version first.

This planter I made was relatively easier than it looks. Shapr was younger and easier too. I simply lofted, scaled and twisted 5 star shapes. Projected the ovoid patterns, then pushed some in and pulled some out. Tedious.

1 Like

And the model scales up and down nicely.

Yes, it’s very nice !

Honestly I was just playing around to see what Shapr could do.

Thanks a lot for your reply! That looks pretty groovy :smiley:
But I guess it proves that it’s doable, and yeah, definitely takes some outside the box thinking, you’re right about that. I’ve managed to do some patterning in Fusion, but I think I’m leaning more towards switching to shapr now. Really like that it has a iPad version and it’s also more affordable then Fusion :slight_smile:
Here’s the one I’ve made in Fusion:

1 Like

Downloaded Shapr3d, watched some basic tutorials and made this patterned lampshade quickly using the project + pattern tools. Will definitely try Shapr3d for a month with the Pro license as this was so much more easier and more intuitive to do then in Fusion :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well done !