Sheet Metal Design

I would like to use geometric shapes for sheet metal design and transitions. I’m a complete nube with 2-D and 3-D drawing. Will this app work for what I’m trying to accomplish?

Years ago I was a CNC set up machinist at Garret/Allied Signal Aerospace and have dealt with True Positioning, 2-D and 3-D MOT’s and Mechanical drawings. Unfortunately I’ve never learned how to draw or design. This looks like a great place to learn.

It should work. I’m not familiar with the file format used for sheet metal work and plasma cutters but the people who do it on YouTube like the Hacksmith just draw up shapes in SolidWorks IIRC and then export it in whatever file format the machine takes.

Since this app lets you export into SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc… you could essentially draw what you want cut here, play around with angles by aligning two faces together and pivoting around an edge. However math is more likely your friend. This isnt a computational based app and just lets you directly model and draw.

But once you have your plans and all you just export to a program that has a guide on YouTube for what you want and go from there until your goals and this app are more refined.