Simulations

Can we simulate Shapr3D models in any simulation software ? Has anyone tried it ?

1 Like

By simulation, do you mean assembly simulation? If you have an assembly, then select specific components of them, and move them away from the assembly, one by one, in order. You can then screen record while tapping the go back icon. Here are some examples. (upload://pSufRJofOja2p6U75n7DHBZ2TJp.mov)

2 Likes

Yes, we have defense, aerospace and semiconductor manufacturing customers using Shapr3D for simulations.

1 Like

I did this using the ‘Stop Motion’ technique. A little tedious but go the job done…

Would be great if Shapr3D had an animation timeline just like SketchUp.

3 Likes

No, I meant by simulating an object in water, heat etc. I just want to know if there is any simulation software that can run Shapr3D models.

1 Like

Oops! I misunderstood. I’m not sure. Sorry :frowning:

1 Like

Hello @Rohan,

Many FEA tools do not have modeling modules, so they should import regular STEP files. Just export your models from Shapr3D and you are ready to go!

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking that Shapr3D is direct modelling app so I will not be able to run any simulation of the model made in it .